Before I was introduced to the world of blogging, I didn’t even know the potential of it and how can one make money out of blogging. To be honest, I didn’t even know it was possible before I stumbled upon a lot of popular bloggers who are making thousands of dollars in a day. YES! Thousands of dollars.
Here is a complete list of steps to create a profitable blog
- Setup a blog for yourself
- Create useful, informative and inspirational content
- Start finding your target niche
- Engage with your readers
- Start earning
As easy as this process may sound, it’s actually not. You will have to put in a lot of effort. When I listen to what Jim bob Arnold said 21 years ago, the most pointed 7 words ever uttered in any speech anywhere. DON’T GIVE UP, DON’T EVER GIVE UP. If I can make it then so can you.
Here’s a complete blueprint of how you can make money from a blog
Start a Blog
If you want to make some money, you have to have a blog. That may sound expensive, it’s actually not. If you click here, you can get a blog site for just $3.5 a month. Pretty cheap right?
Now I know for new bloggers it sounds technical. IT’S NOT. If you visit my blog post on how to create a WordPress blog, I’ve laid out a complete blueprint of it.
I never imagined that I was able to create a couple of professional websites and start a blog at the same time. So I’ve been in your shoes and no I had no education whatsoever on coding, blogging or any of that kind of stuff.
Full transparency, I still have some difficulties in understanding how Google works. But in my 2 years of website development and blogging, I’ve been able to outrank even FACEBOOK for my clients.
Content is KING
You’re going to hear this from me ALOT. That’s because I know what I’m talking about. Find your inspiration, find your niche. If you have a blog on “cats” and you start talking about “Weight loss”, you won’t make it far.
Most importantly, pick a niche and target your content around it. That’s why it’s MANDATORY to pick a niche on which you can write about.
Never make the mistake of writing content about something that you don’t know. If you don’t have something useful then find a topic and start reading about it day and night.
Plus, point: It’s always a good idea to write 20-25 articles on Microsoft Word before creating your very first blog. Share it with your family and ask their opinions about it.
For this blog I asked my brother to give his review about every blog post.
The key to make any blog post go viral is how useful is it to your audience. Focus on how your content can make a difference on people’s lives. Create content which can build a trust between you and your audience.
Start finding readers
Writing quality content is not enough, you need to find people who are interested in reading your piece of content. Here are some tips that helped me make a successful blog:
- Learn more about Pinterest – Pinterest can be a very good ally when you’re starting new. Creating new images and start following influential people are what beginners usually do. Here’s where it gets interesting, get on boards of people who have a lot of followers. If you do that, your blog post is going to be in front of tons of people.
- Don’t stop on Pinterest – Currently I’m experimenting on Instagram and if it is a good way to build an audience. Hey, if Pinterest works then so will other social platforms. I make $3000 on Instagram per month by showing of my clients teeth whitening services. You can learn about it here.
- Connect with other bloggers – Why have enemies when you can have friends? Many newbies see other bloggers as competitors, that’s not true. Start considering them as coworkers. I build my blog and website by learning from other bloggers, so should you.
- Get those social media icons – Absolutely necessary. Make it easy for people to share your content. Remember you’re building links with your readers and their friends.
- Learn SEO – SEO is the one thing that you can and should master. When I started, I specifically remember my website on the 15th page of GOOGLE and within 6-8 months I was able to rank it above FACEBOOK (This will never get to old).
If you guys want to learn SEO from me, I may write an extensive blog post about it. Comment below and share this blogpost and I’ll be sure to give you a detailed lecture on it
- Never compromise on your site appearance – In every blog post I always recommend my readers to never pay a developer to build a website. You can create a killer website (Have a look at mine)
Here’s a blog post where I discuss how you can a build your very own website.
Engage with your readers
Once you accomplish all the steps listed above, you will notice new visitors coming in and leaving comments. At this point you should start responding to their comments and build yourself a community.
“Build a sticky blog”. By responding to comments your readers are going to come back again and again.
How to make money from blogging
This is where things take a turn for the better. If you see a lot of users clicking on your blog, it’s time to get the bills flowing. Here are some of the ways I’ve found to generate revenue from your blog
This where many bloggers start. If you’ve ever read a newspaper, you might have seen multiple ads on it. Blogging ads are no different. As your visitors and traffic grows, you will find new advertisers.
You can use Google Adsense for this. Google Adsense acts as a middleman and it runs ads on your blog. However, a more profitable way would be to remove the middleman and start creating sponsored posts for businesses.
This is where it gets interesting
Google pays you pennies on a dollar for every impression and click. But, if you have a sponsored post for a company, they can pay you up to 350$ a month just to run their ads/banner. The result? A steady revenue
Affiliate income is where the major chunk of money comes from. This type of income is when you link to a product that is for sale on another site (Ebay for example) and if someone follows your link and ends up buying that particular product, you get a commission out of it.
Marketing programs are easy to sign-up, you don’t have to interact with people and people will buy the stuff that you recommend. (See how building a community comes in handy)
This is how I earn my clients $3000 per month by investing only 60$. You can read about it here.
Since most of my blog posts revolve around making money from home, I don’t have much expertise in this particular type of income.
This is another category which has grown exponentially. Recurring income is where readers pay a regular recurring amount for access to either premium content, services or tools.
For instance, if I start an online coaching program where I teach people how to rank their websites higher on search results I will give them the option to buy my program either on monthly basis or annually.
Promoting a Business
By far the easiest way to earn money. If your website has a huge following, you can approach someone and ask them if they want to promote their business on your blog. All you have to do is just create a banner and you’ll have a monthly revenue.
My first way of earning money for my clients through a blog.
For instance, if you search “Laser Teeth Whitening in salt lake city”, you’ll see alot of my clients blog posts running on the first page of Google. So if there’s a service that you want to provide, just blog about it and you’ll get thousands of new customers.
Take that laser teeth whitening for an example. Now let’s say I want to write a review on the “XYZ Whitening Kit”, I would just type in my honest review, some before and after results and a link to the amazon product. And with each purchase I would get a commission
It’s crazy how before and after images work.