In the past couple of years, Instagram has gained a lot of attention regarding marketing. Since last January, Instagram has gained 100 million active users.
I bet that you’ve heard the term that social media is dead, it’s not. I’ve had huge success from marketing in social media platforms. So if you do hear that term, consider this, that person doesn’t know what they are talking about.
Any project requires time and commitment; you will not get “Instafamous” overnight. It requires time, it requires effort, it requires potentiality, so, if you’re not serious about it don’t try it.
Here’s a complete blueprint on how you can make money from Instagram.
Before you start getting paychecks, you need to have a following
Before starting, you should ask yourself, what’s your following like? Most brands expect a strong and loyal following to build a solid partnership. If you don’t have a rich following, no one will advertise with you. There are ways where you can increase your following, here are some:
- Your BIO matters. Write in all the relevant information, nobody likes a Fake or incomplete profile. You need to stuff in keywords to get a better search ranking, but don’t get carried away. Just add your main keyword in your name, for instance, “Katherine – Fitness blogger from Toronto”
Add your email address so people can reach you.
- Content is king. To grow your following, you need to post relevant and you have to post regularly. Never make the mistake of posting all of your pictures at once, post photos at popular times so you can get more visibility.
Don’t post photos just for the sake of it, if you can’t post regularly, make the best of what you post.
- Post awesome photos. Make sure that your photos are high res. There’s no point of posting dull, weak images. Use images that are colorful, vibrant and highly relevant to your niche/topic. If you don’t have a camera, a mobile phone camera will do.
- Personally, I believe hashtags are very important to be found. Let’s say I’m searching for “Keto diet Recipes”, if you have a hashtag with these keywords automatically you’ll rank higher in pictures. Why? That’s how every social media and search engines work, they’re looking for relevancy and hashtags is one way to go about it.
- Respond to your followers. Just as you need a “sticky blog” so that your visitors can revisit your website, you need a “Sticky Insta” so your profile can get constant visits.
Respond to your followers and in time you will accomplish wonders.
Hopefully, if you’ve followed the above points you will have a decent following by now. It’s time to make money from Instagram. Here’s how you can do that
Sell your photos
If you’re photos are being noticed, that means you’re good at taking pictures/ you have some valuable information to give out there. Why not leverage this and sell these photos?
If you’re a professional photograph, that’s even better, Instagram is a great way to sell your shots to agencies. You’d be surprised on how you can make a living from selling photos. Take Daniel Arnold, he was a broke photographer who roamed around New York City taking pictures of with his IPhone. One day, something strange happened, on his 34th birthday, he had an idea of selling his photos.
So he put up a message at midnight and in the morning he received $15000 worth of requests.
Promote your Business, Products and Services
If you run a small business, Instagram can be one of your best ally’s. I make around $3000 a month with just investing 60$ in Instagram posts. I’ve written a detailed article on how you can make money from Facebook and Instagram HERE.
People just don’t see ads on Instagram and decide to get your services or products, you need to make it look more professional, that’s why you need a website/blog so the viewers know that you’ve done your research and you’re good at what you do. You can check out my step by step guide on how to build a complete WordPress website for free over HERE
A website/blog is not necessary, however, having one makes things look more official.
I believe if you want to be successful with Instagram you have to do something different, something better than the rest of your competitors. How do you do that? By adding before and after pictures. Make your services stand out, let the picture do the talking.
This is by far the easiest and common tactic to earn money with Instagram. However, if you have a few hundred followers, this approach isn’t for you. Try getting in more followers.
If you have a large following, let’s say to about 7 million, you can get paid around $150,000 per post.
Now there are two ways which are recommended to make money from Instagram
- Post images around your niche. As you post relevant pictures, you will get followers who are interested in your niche. This sure is a slow method but, you will build followers organically and sooner or later brands will approach you.
- Learn the strategies from people that are already famous on Instagram. The point is not to work hard but to work smart, if someone is already posting regular content and has more followers, why not learn the time of the day they upload a picture, what kind of hashtags are they using and most importantly follow their followers.
From there on you’ll start getting followers. Post high quality and relevant content because these are the people who were following your competitor.
Affiliate marketing through Instagram can be very lucrative. For affiliate marketing I would suggest that you should have a professional blog or website. Now I’m a 100% sure that you’ve heard this term and how much money can you make through it, but here’s where I teach you a different more successful method.
So let’s just say you want to affiliate market a “Skin whitening product”, now there are tons of marketers out there who are more successful and have a huge following, so where does that leave you? At the bottom of the barrel. Here’s what you can do to stay ahead of the curve, buy the cream that you want to market and add a before and after image of the product that you used.
Now you may say that this guy surely talks about before and after images a lot, I know I do because I’ve seen how images can skyrocket your marketing campaign.
Here are a couple of affiliate networks which you can use
- Clickbank- Most first time bloggers use Clickbank to monetize their blog. This affiliate network has a bank of high end quality products that you can promote. You’ll get a gravity score showing how well the product is selling over the past 12 weeks.
- Ebates- Here you can refer people who love deals and discounts. With each sale you’ll get a commission
- ShareASale- This popular affiliate network has a lot of categories from which you can decide which product you want to market. In some programs it’s easier to get accepted if you have a blog or a website.
- Peerfly- It’s a cost per action or CPA based affiliate network. For marketing products on Instagram you will have to setup a custom tracking domain
Selling your Instagram Account
Although I would never suggest this because Instagram can become a good passive monthly income for you. But if you think that you’re done with Instagram and move to another project, sell it. You’d be surprised on how much marketers are willing to pay for a Instagram account that has the perfect following.